Pin it here
Many people are getting tired of high cable costs and bad customer service and are opting instead to go without it.
One of the challenges faced after cutting the cable cord, however, is finding interesting programs to watch for free.
Thankfully there are many streaming options available to anyone with Internet access, a computer or a media device. Unfortunately, many services have a cost associated and the free ones are harder to find.
- How to Cut the Cable Cord Without Missing Your Favorite Shows
- 25 of the Best Side Hustles to Start Right Now
- Best Streaming Workouts For Any Budget
To help you with your search, here’s a list of 21 Places to Watch TV Online at no cost. Most of these sites include movies and episodes of your favorite television shows.
This is not a comprehensive list and I tried to be diligent in finding sites that are not pirated (if you find one on this list, please let me know).
Watch TV Free Online
- Hulu – Yes, Hulu has a free option. Though their free selection is limited, you can still find full seasons of some of your favorite show.
- Crackle – Created by Sony, Crackle has many television shows (old and new) as well as original programming.
- Fullscreen – Offered free to AT&T customers, which not only has a good selection but allows you to stream on your mobile device without using your data. Woo hoo! Mostly older shows and movies, but also some of your internet celebrity favs.
- Network Channels Such as ABC, NBC, and FOX. Many of these channels offer some of their shows for free on their websites. Sometimes you may get a free preview episode or an entire season. Just check back to see what they offer.
- SideReel – Allows you to track your favorite shows online as well as watch many of them online.
- TubiTV – One of the newer options to watch free tv. May not have all of the shows you’re looking for, but a great option if you’re looking for something different. Offers over 40,000 shows.
- TVDuck – Shows and movies streamed for different sources all in one place
- OVGuide – Similar to TVDuck, OVGuide streams movies, but if not available will send you to other platforms to view them.
- ShareTV – A fan site you can watch many full episodes of your favorite television shows.
10. Snagfilms – A great site to watch indie films for free. Snagfilms offers more than 5,000 movies to choose from.
11. Retrovision TV – A place to watch classic movies and tv shows such as Bonanza and Popeye cartoon.
12. Classic Movie Time – Classic movies such as The Over the Hill Gang and Scrooge (the 1935 version). Don’t worry about any copyright issues, because these movies are in the public domain.
13. Hotstar – Hotstar is a very popular Indian based online video streaming platform. Here you can watch sports, Indian shows, and HBO series not shown on Netflix – to name a few. Free and paid options available. Update 12/30/17 – Hotstar is no longer available to U.S. viewers or is it free. Go here for the version available to the U.S.
14. Link TV – Aims to educate you and offers shows such as Democracy Now and those that discuss world issues not often covered in the US media.
15. Veoh – This site has so many shows to watch online for free to the point it may be a little overwhelming.
16. Revision 3 – Original episodic programming. Looks like a great option for millennials and tech geeks. Update: 12/30/17 – this site seems to go to Seeker, which seems to have more short videos instead of full-length tv and movie videos.
17. YouTube – …Because why not?
18. Blinkx – Similar to YouTube, allows for users to submit videos.
19. F Movies – offers full episodes of movies and series in very high quality. Worth checking out.
20. Public Domain Torrents – Many shows and movies to choose from. Movies are available due to public domain
21. Internet Movie Database – A great source to learn about our favorite actors, but also for viewing full-length movies for viewing.
22. Watch Free Flix – I believe it is only found as an app on Roku. Claims to be similar to Snagfilms. Offers hundreds of free movies, similar to Snagfilms, with mostly B and straight to video movies, but still a great list.
23. KeckTV – watch full episodes of your favorite television shows. One great feature I like is their Airing-Now category which is a bonus if you don’t want to have to wait for it to come on after it airs on the networks.
Latest posts by Shanetta (see all)
- Why You Need a Side Hustle Now More Than Ever - March 24, 2019
- Things I Think Are a Waste of Money and Won’t Buy - March 24, 2019
- Keto Weight Loss: My Review of the Keto Diet So Far - March 24, 2019