It’s not too late to sign up for a free trial of Amazon Prime, right in time for Prime Day. Amazon Prime Day will start at 3:00 PM on July 16, 2018. Now is a great time to be a Prime member. On Prime Day, members can expect to see exclusive deals on many of their products.
What is Prime Day
Amazon uses this time to offer exclusive deals on many of their products. Think Black Friday deals, but only for Amazon Prime members.
Amazon rolls out their bestest (is that a word?) deals in July for their members. For 36 hours, they’ll have the chance to snatch deals that won’t be seen for awhile…
Which means you must be a Prime member (why aren’t you already) in order to be eligible to buy these deals. This year, Prime Day will be held from July 16 – 17.
Benefits of an Amazon Prime Membership
I have been a Prime member for years and find enormous value in the membership. I love not having to pay for 2-day shipping and shopping on Amazon saves me a lot of time. It also saves me a lot of money, because not only am I saving on gas and shipping, but I’m also able to compare and cross-check prices – right from my phone.
A few other benefits of becoming an Amazon Prime member:
- Prime Video – unlimited streaming of the hottest movies and TV, including Prime Original Series The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Sneaky Pete
- Music – streaming of the hottest tunes
- Kindle Lending Library – borrow a Kindle book each month for free
- Free same-day delivery (available in most areas)
- Prime Now – receive deliveries within 2-hours
- Unlimited photo storage (comes in handy)
- Discount at Whole Foods…
- And much, much more.
It makes the $119 a year price tag bearable and affordable.
Sign Up For a 30-Day Trial of Amazon Prime
To participate in Prime Day, you will definitely need a membership.
Don’t have one?
No need to worry. You can sign up for their 30-day trial Prime membership, just in time for Prime Day.
Get a FREE $10 Credit
Once you sign up for a Prime membership, you should download their app to your phone.
Not only is it highly convenient (it has stopped me from making many expensive impulse buys in the store), but if you download the app you will get a $10 credit to use just in time for Prime Day.
Want to earn FREE Amazon gift cards? Sign up for Swagbucks, where you can earn points (they call them Swagbucks) from watching videos, playing games, completing surveys, shopping and more! It’s free to sign up and you can apply what you earn to gift cards.
Another bonus: If you sign up for Swagbucks FIRST and THEN sign up for Amazon Prime through their link, you’ll receive a $15 shopping credit! That’s now $25 you can put towards any of the deals on Prime Day.
Deals to Expect
It’s Amazon, so you can definitely expect to save big on their devices. If you have been eyeing that Echo Show, you’ll save $100 up to Prime Day.
- Save up to 30% off of Alexa enabled devices (you can never have enough Echo Dots through the house) and everyday essentials.
- Receive a $10 credit when you make a purchase from Whole Foods.
- Discounts up to and beyond 10% off of furniture, clothes, and products that will launch for the first time on Prime Day.
Amazon can send you a notification if you add an item to your watch list before that item is available. They’ll let you know via email or their app when the product is available to purchase.
Sign up for Amazon Prime – just in time for Prime Day.
Latest posts by Shanetta (see all)
- Why You Need a Side Hustle Now More Than Ever - March 24, 2019
- Things I Think Are a Waste of Money and Won’t Buy - March 24, 2019
- Keto Weight Loss: My Review of the Keto Diet So Far - March 24, 2019